Prior to starting on site in your kitchen, we send our customers "Preparing for Your Renovation". This informational guide is to help our customers get ready for our arrival. Our crew will arrive on day 1 to label, remove, and transport the doors and drawers back to the shop to start the refinishing process.
Back in the shop, all doors and drawers are refinished using a tedious multi-step process.
1. Deep Clean and Debridement: Doors are cleaned thoroughly with degreasing agents. Contaminates, such as, grease, oil, coffee stains, food remnants, etc... are removed during this step, establishing a clean starting point.
2. Initial Scuff Sand: Using medium abrasives, all parts of the doors and drawers are rough sanded to further remove contaminates, remove previous paint/stain, and return the doors and drawers to their unfinished state. During this time, any damage to the wood on the doors/drawers can be accessed and restored leaving a fresh, new, canvas to apply our professional wood coatings.
3. First Prime Coat: After all pieces have been properly cleaned and sanded, the first application of primer is sprayed on to the doors/drawers. This coat is the foundation of all other coats and will reveal any other defects in the drawers and drawers.
4. Sanding of Prime Coat: All doors and drawers are then level sanded to ensure doors are perfectly smooth and flat before applying a second sprayed prime coat. At this point, all contamination, damage, previous coatings, and dings and scratches are removed and corrected. The doors and drawers are now smooth and level on all sides, flats, profiles and edges. At this stage, we will also fill and drill any holes for new hardware if requested.
5. Second Prime Coat: After sanding the first prime coat with a finer abrasive and correcting any damage, a second prime coat is sprayed on to the doors. This coat seals any and all imperfections leaving a buttery soft finish that is ready for top coating in the color of your choosing.
6. First Top Coat: The doors/drawers are coming to the end of their refinishing journey as the first top coat is applied. The surface of the doors/drawers are carefully cleaned and dusted prior to spray application to ensure a clean, even finish, free of dust and contaminates, with a brand new look and feel. All pieces are left to dry and cure for at least 24 hours to ensure all tanning and any bleed through has been locked in place.
7. Finish Sanding: At this point, all doors/drawers will have a brand new, soft and smooth feel -but- we take it one step further. The initial top coat layer is sanded with a very high grit abrasive to achieve the highest level of smoothness and texture before applying the second and final top coat layer.
8. Second Top Coat: After finish sanding is completed on all pieces, the doors/drawers are carefully cleaned and dusted before a final top coat layer is sprayed on. By sanding the initial top coat with a very high grit abrasive, any remaining imperfections are eliminated, and the last top coat has its chance to truly shine.
After this process, you can rest assured knowing you're getting the highest level of refinishing around with the feel and look of brand new doors and drawers.
Week 2- Our crew will arrive and unload the vehicles, protect the floors and countertops, clean the cabinets, sand, and mask to prepare for spraying. A paint booth is then installed in your kitchen to prevent any dust/debris from entering your living space.
Our spray crew will arrive to prime the cabinets, sand, coat, and install the doors and drawers. Our products and process are designed to get the most efficient and effective results for our customers. With the use of an infrared heater, a dehumidifier, fans, and great products, we can accomplish all of this in a couple days time. We carefully package up all the doors and drawers in foam pouches and transport to our customers home. When the kitchen is complete, we do a final walk-through and make sure our customer is completely satisfied with the finished result.
Triad Cabinet Refinishing
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Copyright © 2023 Triad Cabinet Refinishing - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder